Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MBC to air ‘I Am a Trot Singer’ special for Chuseok


MBC plans to air a special trot version of ‘I Am a Singer‘ in September to celebrate the Chuseok holiday.

A representative of the show shared that the episode will be entitled, ‘I Am a Trot Singer’. Following the same format as the original show, seven trot singers will compete before a 500-member audience, who also serve as judges. Trot singer Jang Yoon Jung has been chosen to be both a contestant and the MC for the special, filling a role similar to that of Lee Sora and Yoon Do Hyun’s on ‘I Am a Singer’.
Other famous trot singers in the Chuseok line-up include Shim Su BongNam JinTae Jin Ah andSong Dae Gwan. Shim Su Bong and Nam Jin have both made appearances on ‘I Am a Singer’ before, and are thus gaining even more attention for their upcoming presence on the special Chuseok show.
The show will air the day after Chuseok, September 13th.