Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tiger JK proposed to Yoon Mirae with a yellow rubber band


Yoon Mirae recently talked about her unique engagement and wedding to her husband, Tiger JK.
The singer guest-starred on the December 3rd episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Win Win‘ and revealed, “We had a quiet wedding at a Buddhist temple with our families.”
She had told Tiger JK that she did not need a flashy engagement ring. Thinking back, he remarked, ”A lot of people told me she was lying, but I think she was serious.”
The couple did not wear a traditional wedding dress or a formal tuxedo, and instead of wedding rings, they used yellow rubber bands.
When I proposed, I told her I would replace her rubber band later on,” Tiger JK explained.
I was so touched that I cried. He felt so bad and he promised to replace the rubber band with a diamond ring, but I didn’t need anything like that. We bought a fake ring for the wedding,” Yoon Mirae remarked.
When the MCs told Tiger JK to keep his promise and buy his wife a diamond ring, Yoon Mirae added, “He doesn’t need to keep his promise. I asked him to buy me a house instead,” which caused everyone to explode in laughter.