Thursday, June 28, 2012

SISTAR’s Soyou Feels Embarrassed about Her Name



Soyou confessed that it wasn’t easy for her to talk about her name because of its meaning.In a recent meeting with enews, Soyou said, “The name ‘Soyou’ is my alias, and my real name is [Kang] Ji Hyun. I learned I had been named Soyou through news articles at the time. I couldn’t talk about my name without feeling embarrassed when I learned from my agency that Soyou was meant to mean [in English] ‘want to possess’. I’m still embarrassed.”

She also talked about her newfound popularity. “I was sad when people couldn’t recognize me even when I had my makeup on soon after my debut, but now, people recognize me even without makeup. It feels weird.”

SISTAR swept through music charts with its summer special Loving U, released on June 28.

The performance for Loving U will be revealed for the first time ever on the same day through Mnet’s 20’s Choice Awards.

Source:eNewsWorld

0 comments:

Post a Comment