Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wonder Girls member Lim often gets mistaken for being Chinese


On the November 22nd episode of SBS Strong Heart‘, Wonder Girls member Hye-Rim (Lim) admitted, “A lot of people mistake me for being Chinese”.
She continued, “When I first joined Wonder Girls, the media reported that a Chinese member had joined the group. But both my parents are Korean and I was born in Seoul“.
She then went on to share a story of how the misunderstanding had inconvenienced her in the past.
Whenever I fly, the authorities never believe that I am Korean. I always have to show proof by presenting my passport“, she said evoking laugher.
The fellow guests on the show suggested it may be due to her Korean pronunciation which has a slight accent and is a little inaccurate.
It’s because I grew up in Hong Kong and lived there for 14 years“, she revealed, and went on to display her fluent Chinese and English.