Monday, March 5, 2012

JYP Strikes Back, Appeals Plagiarism Decision for "Someday"


JYP Strikes Back, Appeals Plagiarism Decision for "Someday"

The Seoul Central District Court announced on March 5 that JYP filed an appeal on March 2. The appeal was for a ruling that he lost on February 10 regarding “Someday.”
As we reported earlier on February 10, the court ruled that JYP’s song “Someday” infringed on copyrights toKim Shin Il’s song and ordered JYP to pay about $20,000. JYPE had stated that they would prepare an appeal. JYPE had stated, “The ruling for ‘Someday’ is unacceptable. We are going to prepare an appeal. JYP had not heard the song ‘To My Man.’”
At the time JYP had stated on me2day “My heart is very heavy. I never heard Ash’s ‘To My Man,’ how could you say that I plagiarized a song I have never heard, I will collide once more after cheering up.” 
Source:SOOMPI