Tuesday, July 3, 2012

BoA Talks About Her First Overseas Volunteer Work Experience



BoA opened up on how she felt after returning from her first experience of overseas volunteer work.

The press conference for KBS’ 2012 Road for Hope was held on July 2 in Seoul. Producer Go Won Seok, Ahn Sung Ki, BoA and Yun Eun Hye were present.

This day BoA said to a question asking her how she felt about this first experience, “I actually left the country a day after the last episode of SBS’ K-Pop Star. I wasn’t nervous or tense because I was so busy with my schedule. I just thought I should work hard, but seeing such environments with my own eyes put me at a loss of words and made my mind blank.”

Road for Hope was put together to help spread awareness on the problems still rampant in parts of the world, and draw viewer donations to solve those problems.

BoA stayed in India for 10 days before she returned to Korea.

“I tried as hard as I could to deliver laughter, happiness and our warm hearts. When I was on my way back, though, I kept regretting that I should’ve loved them and cared for them more. I thought I should start preparing with more time if I get another chance,” she said.

“I couldn’t believe that people could be pushed so far, to places I couldn’t even imagine,” she finished. “I started thinking how I could start helping them continuously instead of just meeting them once. I hope more people invest their interest in such issues after watching the broadcast.”

Road for Hope will start airing its Ahn Sung Ki episode from July 7, and will continue to air BoA and Song Il Kook’s. The Yun Eun Hye episode will air sometime in November.

Source:eNewsWorld

0 comments:

Post a Comment